Thursday, November 23, 2023

What are you most proud of?

I would have to say I am most proud of the 4 kids that we raised.  They are all good respectable adults.  They all have jobs that sustain their lives.  So I feel as parents we did something right in raising our kids.   

The thing I feel proud of also is overcoming some obstacles in my life, by so doing I could raise my kids without having those obstacles as blocking stones.  
I used them as stepping stones.
Violet






1969-1970 Senior year at Woodrow Wilson High School football, we hadn't had a good team for several years, and a new coach was hired that year.  Bluefield WV had a great team.  This was their 3rd winning season.
We traveled to Bluefield to play them late in the season. It was a hard-fought game, low-scoring game.  Late in the game with the score tied at 12, I caught a pass for an extra point giving Beckley a 14-12 victory.  That was a proud moment for me and my claim to fame.
Rob
Woodrow Wilson High School (Beckley, WV) Varsity Football


No comments:

Post a Comment